Ashwin has been a mechanical engineering student at one of the preeminent engineering programs at the University of Michigan, in Ann Arbor, MI, USA.
As a dedicated member of the Michigan Hybrid Racing team and Michigan Electric Racing Team he further developed his engineering and collaboration skills.
Awards received as a Race Crew Member of
2017 Formula Hybrid Competition at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway:
* The Fiat Chrysler Automobiles:
* The General Motors:
Best Engineered Propulsion System Award
Represented UM Formula Hybrid Vehicle at North American International Auto Show, on Industry & Press Preview AutoMobili-D at Cobo Center, Detroit, MI (Jan. 2017)
Ashwin continued to develop these skills at an internship at the Timken Company World Headquarters in North Canton, OH. He worked as a Corporate Development Intern under the VP of Strategy and Business Development of the Timken Company. He developed and presented Research & Analysis of Industrial Electric Motor Market to VP of Strategy & Business Development and the research and management team.
Ashwin then studied advanced automotive engineering at the University of Nagoya in Japan.
There he met with the Japanese automotive industry leaders and also had the opportunity to have an in depth visit of factories of Japanese automakers in some of the important Japanese cities.
He enjoyed studying Japanese language and culture.
Ashwin contributed to important projects as a member of the Engineering Student Government, University of Michigan.
He also developed a successful business development project for a local business in Michigan.
Toyota's Fuel Cell Vehicle, the Mirai.
One of the world's first fuel cell cars
to hit the roads commercially.
Ashwin at Toyota City, Japan-2018.
* Ashwin excelled in science and ranked First in the National Virtual Science Fair competition while in middle school.
* He used technology to enhance his presentation at the National History Day competition and represented Ohio in the National competition in Maryland, USA as a Gold medalist in his category.
* Ashwin had graduated Summa Cum Laude from Hoover High School in North Canton, Ohio, where he was an AP+PLTW scholar and an accomplished member of the varsity tennis team.
He has been the recipient of:
* David Magoon Memorial Award 2016 for-‘Scholarship, Sportsmanship, and Leadership’ .
* Coaches Award' and 'Peer Award' high school Varsity Tennis 2015.
* Selected to the All Federal League in Tennis (2014-15) and Stark County Tennis Coaches Association-All County Team 2015.
Ashwin testing other Toyota Lexus Concept Vehicles-
at Toyota City, Japan-2018
Ashwin’s additional contributions to the
• Redesigned rocker and damper tabs and presented at Design Review (Nov. 2017)
Vehicle Dynamics and Chassis Division
• Designed tabs for rocker and push rod using FEA to optimize weight / strength
• Designed reinforced damper tab (2x larger to fit new chassis) with zero net weight increase
Human Machine Interface Division
• Redesigned steering wheel to incorporate microcontroller by creating water-sealable pocket, strengthened paddle shifter mechanism by designing new pins
• Designed seat, firewalls, and floor to comply with rules and maximize comfort
• Constructed new parts by using carbon fiber layup techniques and metal-work machines
Electric Racing Car
• Received electrical training for work on HV components from Ford engineers. Developed important components for the Michigan Electric Racing Car.
Ashwin's contributions to Human Machine Interphase Division - Michigan Hybrid Racing
Advanced Computer system
production by Ashwin
Nagoya University's driving simulator at their autonomous vehicle development lab. The car is on a moving platform with four 4K projectors simulating the environment.--Ashwin-Japan- 2018.
Self Driving Personal transit vehicle researchers working on at Nagoya University, Japan--Ashwin -Japan 2018
Yamaha's Concept Electric Motorcycle--Ashwin-Japan-2018
Tail Light of
Michigan Hybrid Racing Car.
Designed by Ashwin for Michigan Electric Racing-Vehicle dynamics and Chasis system component-optimizing weight and strength using FEA
Segway San Antonio, USA- City Tour
Shinkansen-High Speed Bullet Trains:
Ashwin's Technology Trips in Nagoya and Tokyo, Japan
Ashwin's Automobile Company tours - Japan
Ashwin's Segway Tour through
San Antonio, Texas
Ohio High School Athletic Association-Public Service Message-